Penang Part 1 The Rasa Sayang

Penang is an island off the Malaysian peninsula. It is an island I have a lot of fondness for and memories. Some of the happiest and most memorable times in my life were my summer holidays to Asia. I  had such  a great memory of  Penang and Singapore that I decided to take my wife there on our honey moon. Over the years the places have changed ( in particular Penang) and the areas have become more developed and sadly loose their individual cultural identity which is inevitable but I think the perception and feelings of these two places have not changed for me. The shanty towns may long gone in Penang replaced with expensive modern high rise apartments but the food hawkers on the street selling Nasi Goreng are still there, which  encapsulates and cements for a brief second the Penang of 20-30 years ago which i remember with such reverence and Nostalgia.

Below are pictures of the hotel that we stayed in













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Omurice

Swedish Mud Cake

Creamy Chicken Mushroom and Marsala Pasta